Follow me on Twitter RSS FEED

Hip-House? / Spotlight: J Austin- Hear Me Tonight


So, I feel like there’s a pretty noticeable trend that’s taking place, one that unifies the once seen as contrasting sounds of House music and Hip-Hop. If it becomes as widespread as the potential allows, it could allow for some great events and collaborations, to say the least.

Hip-House? I guess we can go with that, as unity is always a GO in my book, with respect to positive forces of great strength. Rather than highlight the latest major label adaptations to this trend, I’ll just adapt my perspective and look at some of the independent artists on the rise that might have missed my sights thus far, due to their genre of music.

J Austin
 
So today the smoke cascades around a New Jersey R&B artist by the name of J Austin, thanks to my man Supaears. His latest single, “Hear Me Tonight” paints a picture that might look like a rave scene in a Jersey Shore episode. Mike’s and Snookie’s all over are bound to get familiar. ‘The Heroes’ provide that classic ‘untz untz untz’ techno vibe while Austin rides the track over various effects, providing themes of no regret, playful narcissism and routine debauchery.

The presentation is classic, I wouldn’t be surprised at any given point to hear this on the local major pop station, hopefully we don’t have to wait too long for that to happen. The vocals aren’t overwhelmingly impressive, but the song isn’t structured to be vocally demanding, as it’s carried by the catchy melody. The record sets a good foundation for Austin, as he’ll be able to say that he can make a record that fits in with the current trend, while in his youth. Even if pop music weren’t in your daily palette, you’d probably assume this song was already popular if you’d heard it.

Vibe Reading: 7/10
 
It’s a good song, with a cool sound. However, I feel like J Austin, or any polished artist of his genre could make another one of these once per week, if you asked him to. That being said, I don’t expect it to dampen the success of the song as its received by the world. Watch the video for Hear Me Tonight
 ---> HERE <--- and hit J. Austin and tell him what you think on twitter @JaustinLive



Pass it along, and let me know what you think. Wahh!

44 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing article... thank you very much for your detailed and honest point of views. Gives us a platform onto which we can grow as a unit and a J'Austin as a artist. Mr. Cly Murda is an awesome bloggist thank you time and time again....

lusha said...

Its cool. The song is nice but I can really rock to the beat of the music. I think this sounds like the techno music you hear at the end of the night before the club closes. I like that although this is not an official video the artist put out a visual so people can have something to see and reflect when they are listening to the song. Sounds crazy but since the beat has that techno feel I would speed the entire song up.

Anonymous said...

nice review! I cant wait to hear more from J'Austin. He is so awesome!

Anonymous said...

That song sounds so dope!.. i love when he says "eyes, eyes, eyes, eyes!!!

Anonymous said...

He's hot!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Where do I hear more music from J'Austin?

Anonymous said...

I wana take him homeeeeee and keep him!

Anonymous said...

I can see this all over the radio. Someone needs to pick this kid up fast man.. His stuff is radio ready

Anonymous said...

Does he have an album out?

Anonymous said...

FUXXXXINNN LOVE THAT SONG I CANT STOP LISTENING TO IT!!!

Anonymous said...

I like that song 10x better than the original one

Anonymous said...

pretty good

Anonymous said...

HIP-House? sounds like i would like it

Anonymous said...

SHYTS SICK.. he needs to come perform out here in london!!

Anonymous said...

"Its just you and I in here!" such sexy lyrics

Anonymous said...

i want this song!

Cly! Host of "The 4/20 Lounge"! said...

Wow, dope to see such a strong following for the young homie. Make sure you hit him on twitter @JAustinLive, I'm sure he's got a lot more dope music for u!

Do you think Hip-Hop and House can really co-exist as one genre, at any point?

Anonymous said...

DOES HE HAVE AN ALBUM OR MIXTAPE OUT?? I WANT IT ASAP

Anonymous said...

When will he be in Washington?? -Amy

Anonymous said...

I cant stop listetning to this song! totally luv him***********<3

Anonymous said...

He is so much better than Jason Derulo, Taio cruz and all them other ugly dudes!!

Anonymous said...

Im such a J Austin fan now!!

Anonymous said...

UGHH!! He is delicious!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

IS this a remake ? i love the twist put on this song and the pics are so edgy! Is he a star already?

Anonymous said...

LUV IT!

Anonymous said...

I cant wait to hear more music from him!

Anonymous said...

when is he dropping his next song??

Anonymous said...

I like the original alot but I like his version better

Anonymous said...

nic3 stuff

Anonymous said...

kool blog and great music

Anonymous said...

WHAT A CUTIEEE! O and nice song =)

Anonymous said...

More Music?

Anonymous said...

so fire

Anonymous said...

Who is he signed with??

Anonymous said...

yo i swear this shyt b mad hot ..yo word up im str8 feelin this junk and i dont even like pop/white music

Anonymous said...

Song of the month

Anonymous said...

more music?

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to watching this guy hit the big league

Anonymous said...

100% HOT!

Anonymous said...

New artist with great future ahead of him

Anonymous said...

On REPEAT

Anonymous said...

I really hope this guy continues with his music and makes something out of it. I would love to hear more from this kid! He has such a fresh, energetic, but still sexy sound. It is wat the game is lacking rite now

Anonymous said...

nice

supaears said...

NEW @JAustinLive SONG "SEDUCTIVE" EARLY VALENTINES GIFT JUST FOR THE LADIES!! COMMENT! LIKE! SUBSCRIBE! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv-NFNf-cDg DOWNLOAD: http://hulkshare.com/hz6qdtt2s1dh

Post a Comment